Jessica Hsuan's Future Plans

Sunday, September 9, 2007
Jessica starred as a simple girl who was stuck between her father and lover in the Drive of Life, which was very different from the Jessica who is very clear of her directions on her road of love in reality.
Jessica did not have any love encounters recently but she is going select her boyfriend carefully. Jessica mentioned, “Now, I would prefer to be lacking of love than have an excess of it. Actually, there is someone interested in me outside the entertainment industry. I will think of trying it previously but now I will only start dating if I had a strong feeling towards him. Although I have this change in mentality, I had always hoped that the person I am dating would be the choice on my marriage.”

Happy Things in Life
Most of Jessica’s friends were married and were parents, which caused a change in her attitude towards children. Jessica commented, “After getting along with children, I have found out that I am capable of looking after children. However, the responsibility of having a child is too heavy as I worry about the problems on environment and education. As for now, I will not ponder too much about it.”

Jessica did not want to think too deep into her love life and focused on her career. The Drive of Life is the first show Jessica filmed after she signed the ‘per series’ contract with TVB. The ratings of the show were average despite the high regards for the show, Jessica commented, “As an actor, I would certainly have some hopes on the Drive of Life. As this is collaboration with CCTV, I am more concerned about the feedback from viewers than the ratings. I disliked my character in the Drive of Life during filming as she was more stupid and different with my own characteristics.”

Jessica felt that the best reward from the filming of the Drive of Life was the opportunity to work with Damien Lau; Jessica stated, “The happiest thing in life was cooperating with Damien Lau. I liked him and felt that he is gaining charisma. I learnt many things on acting and life from him.”

Enjoying Life
Jessica also learnt the way of enjoying life from Jackie Lui, she commented, “I know how to balance my life now. This August, I filmed a show in China and went on to tour Japan with my friends. I am resting now and would fly to Singapore in October to work on an English sitcom. I planned to go skiing at the start of next year; and film another show in Feb and March. My work and break are alternative. I only knew how to slog for my career in the past and learnt to allocate my time to my family and friends now. I would no longer grab hold of all opportunities in front of me and will not force myself onto things.”

Source: Mingpao Weekly 2026
Scan: Mrs Luk - Jessica's Bravenet Forum
English translation: siaozhabor - Jessica's Bravenet Forum

i'm glad that she decides to cut down her work load and focuses more on her personal life. i'm worried for love life too as she's still looking for Mr. Right at this age. hopefully she'll be able to find him soon, settle down, and have a nice family. all the best wishes for Jessica!

2 comments:

03336736077155665791 said...

Sounds like Jessica's character in Drive of Life is similar her character in Cold Blood Warm Heart. Jessica has such a strong, yet fun-loving personality, I hope her plans work out well & that whoever the next man she'll be dating will also be her husband. I still think it's humorous when I found out she used to date Dicky Cheung.

Anonymous said...

Glad that Jessica got opportunity for a police detective role in Tiger Cubs and she did good job!
It also proves Jessica's talent to explore non-comedy role and she does great in action drama.